Shall we dance: All Stars is in full swing, and when Katrine Moholt was asked as a participant, Helene Olafsen took over the baton in the role of presenter.
– Shall we dance is my favorite programme, and I really enjoy being the presenter. I am surrounded by good colleagues, and it is a bit like coming home. It’s a lot of fun, says Helene Olafsen to Good Morning Norway.
Now the fresh duo opens up about the transition.
A creative collective
Helene Olafsen and Jørgen Nilsen won Shall we dance in 2017. Then they also won in love.
The parquet is characterized by close relationships for the debutant. In addition to her fiancé, her brother-in-law, Tom Erik, is also dancing in this year’s season.
– It is extra nice that Jørgen dances. Tom Erik also lives with us for a bit, so there is a lot of dance talk and choreography in the evenings. I feel that we live in a creative collective.
With near and dear ones on the dance floor, Olafsen sensed a role conflict when their relationship became visible in Saturday’s programme.
– He put his hand around me on broadcast. It’s a habit, so it happened purely automatically.
“Abrupt” and “hard”
Anders Hoff, on the other hand, who is in his sixth season as presenter, has no family members on the floor. But tells about a strong bond with both former and current partners.
– Now I have both Katrine and Helene on the floor. They are my sisters in a way, Anders Hoff describes to Good Morning Norway.
This also presented challenges in Saturday’s broadcast, when Hoff messed with the names. He said; “Moholt, then we’ll move on”, to Olafsen.
– When you’ve been saying Moholt for so many years, it quickly wears off. I called Helene Katrine in private, but I was very strict in the first two programmes. But now it’s gone – I probably got a little too warm in the jersey.
Olafsen, on the other hand, shows no sour expression.
– I just think it’s cozy, and I take it as a big compliment, she says.
Now Hoff also admits that the transition itself has been challenging.
– The transition has been abrupt and hard. Moholt is both orderly and steady, while I have always wandered around. Now I’ve got a new partner, and we’re both crazy. I feel that we have to take more collective responsibility to get through the broadcasts.
With a greater sense of responsibility, he also describes that there are many positives. Here he highlights one thing in particular.
– We share our mouths. It is delicious. Now I don’t have to face it alone.
Now they look forward to Saturday, where there will again be tough competition between the participants.
– First of all, it is very nice to be in the role together with Helene, concludes Hoff to Good Morning Norway.