The police blocked the E18 in Oslo after a man threatened several motorists with a knife.
– The police had to fire one shot at the person in question, they write.
The road is now open to normal traffic, the police said at 07.53.
– The police will then have finished their investigations at the scene. E18 will now be opened to normal traffic.
The man is not seriously injured and is being treated in hospital. No other injuries have been reported.
He was hit in the leg, operation manager Per Ivar Iversen tells TV 2.
The police were notified of the incident at 05.20, and were on the scene after five minutes.
– When the police arrive, there is a person in possession of a knife who is trying to get into several cars, operations manager Sven Christian Lie told TV 2 earlier on Wednesday morning.
For the time being, there are three or four who have the status of offended, says Iversen shortly after 07.30.
– And then there are a number of witnesses who may have their status changed, he says.
Ring 3 is a recommended detour, writes Vegtrafikksentralen on Twitter.
There is a lot of traffic towards Oslo as a result of the main road being blocked.
– A technical and tactical investigation will be carried out at the site for some time to come. It is unclear when the E18 will be opened to normal traffic, the police wrote on Twitter at 07.27.
The Special Unit for Police Affairs is routinely notified of the case.