One of the world’s biggest YouTube stars KSI (29) is getting ready to perform in Oslo. The Norwegian fans are ready.
The 29-year-old, whose real name is Olajide Olayinka Williams “JJ” Olatunji, is among Britain’s biggest influencers.
On Wednesday evening, he meets the Norwegian fans in the capital when he performs at the Vulkan Arena.
Norwegian Sebastian Lira (20) is looking forward to seeing KSI in real life. He is a fan of the music.
– After watching him so much on YouTube, it will be fun to see him without the frame of a screen.
– How long have you followed him?
– I think I first came across his videos about seven years ago, says the 20-year-old and adds:
– I was hooked soon after that.
Lira describes the influencer as a funny guy with good energy.
– He has an infectious laugh, and I like that he has a bit of self-irony, such as in his reddit videos where the fans tend to tease him. It helps him keep his ego at the right level.
Straight into the top list
The popular influencer has around 40 million followers on his YouTube accounts and is part of the British group Sidemen. After a career on the platform, KSI has bet and succeeded in other arenas.
Together with YouTube colleague Logan Paul, KSI is considered one of those who started the boxing wave among celebrities and YouTubers. On 27 August he made a comeback in the boxing ring.
Since 2019, he has focused mostly on his music career. When he released his first album, it went straight to number two in the UK album chart.
It is with his latest album « All Over the Place», which was released in 2021, he is now touring with.
Met the YouTube stars in Sidemen
– KSI is a nice fellow, says Noah Valen-Utvik (18).
Five days after tickets for the concert went on sale in September 2021, it was sold out. The concert was later moved due to the pandemic.
– 800 fans get a seat at the concert. Oslo is the second stop on his European tour, says Erika Firing to VG.
She is marketing coordinator at All Things Live Norway, which organizes the concert.
It is not the star’s first concert in the capital. In 2019, he played at Sentrum Scene together with Andrew John Shane (28), then goes by the name Randolph. The 28-year-old, who is also a YouTuber. has long collaborated and made music with KSI.