Heading into Week 18, the AFC’s two playoff teams are yet to be decided.
Brief Description: New England will be the last AFC wild card team if the Patriots beat the Bills on Sunday. And the winner of Saturday’s Jaguars-Titans game wins his AFC South. Meanwhile, the Dolphins and Steelers can still make the playoffs, but they need help.
Here are some playoff pictures heading into Monday night of Week 17.
1. Chiefs (13-3) The Chiefs are the No. 1 seed in the AFC if they beat the Raiders on Saturday and the Bills lose once.
2. Bill (12-3) If they win the last two games, the Bills will become the AFC No. 1 seed.
3. Bengals (11-4) The Bengals are the AFC No. 1 seed if they win their final two games and the Chiefs lose to the Raiders on Saturday.
4. Jaguar (8-8) If they beat the Titans on Saturday, the Jaguars will win the AFC South. We can still get a wild card if the Jaguars lose on Saturday, but we need help from the Patriots, Dolphins and Steelers who lost on Sunday.
5. Charger (10-6) It is fixed to the wild card and is either the 5th seed or the 6th seed.
6. Ravens (10-6) If the Bengals lose tonight and the Ravens beat the Bengals on Sunday, the Ravens are the AFC North Champions. Otherwise Ravens is a wild card.
7. Patriots (8-8) The Patriots are a wild card if they beat the Bills on Sunday.
8. Dolphin (8-8) If the Dolphins beat the Jets and the Bills beat the Patriots on Sunday, the Dolphins would be the final wild card.
9. Steelers (8-8) If the Steelers beat the Browns on Sunday and both the Dolphins and Patriots lose, the Steelers will be the final wild card.
11. Titans (7-9) If they beat the Jaguars on Saturday, the Titans will win the AFC South. A loss or tie to the Jaguars would eliminate the Titans from the playoffs.
no chance to get in
10. Jets (7-9) Mathematically erased.
12. Browns (7-9) Mathematically erased.
13. Raiders (6-10) Mathematically erased.
14. Colts (4-11-1) Mathematically erased.
15. Broncos (4-12) Mathematically erased.
16. Texans (2-13-1) Mathematically erased.